Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A real Christmas baby?

Just a quick update. Jen and I are thinking about switching donors. Some people swear that switching to a new donor can do the trick to get pregnant, and in fact, we happened to do that the last time we were trying to get pregnant quite by accident. We had done 3 IUI cycles and then the donor we'd used was out! So we chose a new one and lo and behold, got pregnant on the first try. That was Jonathan (our miscarriage) but even the 2nd time around, it was the 2nd IUI cycle when we got pregnant with Nate (with that same donor, who unfortunately really is all out).

So, we've done 3 IUI cycles and are thinking about a new dude. Haven't made the decision yet. We may end up skipping this cycle since we need to wait for some more funds before we can purchase some more spermies, but that's fine. We'll try at the end of October/beginning of November or we'll try at the end of November. I looked ahead and I think if we're still trying in December, we'll probably have to skip that month because I think I'll be ovulating on Christmas Day. And as convenient as it would be to be able to drive right into the city and park right by the doctor, I'm not sure that's something I want to do on Christmas Day with my mom and brother in town. :)

On the other hand, I get so superstitious about these IUIs that maybe it would be good luck to do it on Christmas! Hehehe. As it stands, if we skip this month, I'm pretty sure the next time I ovulate would be the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so maybe my mom will get a chance to come to an IUI after all. (Weekend IUIs require a "buddy" because the office is not open for regular appointments).

Where's Nate?
There he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment