Sunday, August 5, 2012

What I did on my summer vacation

My two-week vacation is over. It was really nice.

We went to Lubec, Maine for the first week.

View from the beach behind the house we rented.

Nate loving walking along the beach throwing rocks.

We visited the easternmost point of the U.S.

Went on a whale watch and saw whales and an eagle's nest

and seals.

We got lobsters.

Went to Canada.

Went on many hikes, including our favorite to Hamilton Cove

Where we attempted a family photo.


The second week I just stayed at home.

I pitted 3 pounds of cherries

and made a cherry pie.

We went to the beach.


I used our zucchini bounty to make a zucchini cake with a lemon glaze.

Used up the last of the cherries in some home made cherry ice cream.

Worked on several organization projects including moving Nate into his new room.

I also made crème brûlée today and a loaf of brioche bread. We actually have no eggs left for the first time since we got our chickens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment