Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday night, time to go to work tomorrow ... ha ha, not this Sunday!

I am officially on maternity leave!

My co-admins, engineers and my boss managed to keep a surprise shower from me for a whole week. It made it tough for them because I can see about 10 calendars at work, so even if they made the event private, I would still be able to see it. :)  But they pulled it off and I was legitimately surprised. It was fun!

Today was Nate's birthday party and we had a lot of fun.  Curious Creatures came and did a show with 10 different animals (skunk, corn snake, boa constrictor, sugar gliders, tree frog, tortoise, chinchilla, tarantula, bearded dragon and alligator).


I made a skunk cake, on Nate's request.  It's not the most professional-looking cake in the world, but Nate liked it, and that's the important part.


Now the baby can come. Though he's not due for 4 weeks so we'll see. I have lots of things I'd like to take care of before he's born, but we have most of what we need, so it would be okay if he comes sooner.

Tomorrow Jen and I have 3 hours together when Nate's at preschool.  We may go have breakfast. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! 3hrs alone...you know we are going to clean the house instead :)

    ReplyDelete